General enquiries: 01273 610 000 | Email: email@example.com
Technical support: 01273 610 061 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon successful completion of this training course, you will understand:• The child in need, child protection, child looked after and private fostering processes
By the end of this suite of courses you will understand:
• The background to ICS
• The Framework of Assessment
• The child in need, child protection, child looked after and private fostering processes
• What to do at each stage of each process
• The timescales
• The answers to frequently asked questions
This suite of courses is intended for all staff working in children’s social care who administer or undertake statutory assessments.
It is also intended for all practitioners who work with statutory cases and need to understand the ‘child in need’, ‘child protection’, ‘child looked after' and private fostering’ processes and procedures.
The suite contains the following courses:
• ICS Introduction
• Framework of Assessment
• Contact Record
• Referral and Information Record
• Initial Assessment
• Questionnaires and Scales
• Initial Plan
• Core Assessment
• Child Plan
• CIN Review Social Worker’s Report
• CIN Review Chair’s Report
• Closure Record
• Child Protection Plan Enquiry
• Strategy Discussion
• Section 47 Enquiry
• Outcome of Section 47 Enquiries Record
• Initial Child Protection Conference Social Worker’s Report
• Initial Child Protection Conference Chair’s Report
• Initial Core Group Meeting
• Outline Child Protection Plan
• Child Protection Plan
• Core Group Meeting
• Child Protection Review Social Worker’s Report
• Child Protection Review Chair’s Report
• Placement Information Record
• Care Plan
• CLA Review Social Worker’s Report
• CLA Review Chair’s Report
• Assessment and Progress Record
• Adoption Plan
• Adoption Plan Review Social Worker’s Report
• Adoption Plan Review Chair’s Report
• Pathway Plan Review Social Worker’s Report
• Pathway Plan Review Chair’s Report
• Private Fostering Assessment Record
• Private Fostering Arrangement Visit Record
The full ICS Suite is:
• ICS Introduction
• Framework of Assessment
• Child in Need
• Child Protection
• Child Looked After
• Private Fostering
The courses are accessed from an interactive process map.
Each course contains:
• An Introduction: this contains the definition, timescales and important notes
• A Process: this describes the key steps in stage of the process
• An FAQ: answers to commonly asked questions
• A Quiz: based on the Process and FAQ tutorials
• Attachments: guidance that can be downloaded for reference
At the end of each course is a quiz which contains questions based on the course content.
The pass mark is set at 80%.
Upon successful completion of the quiz a course will be marked as Complete
You will be automatically awarded a personalised Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of all the courses in the suite.
You can retake the quizzes at any time.
All of our courses have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course takes approximately 10 to 12 hours to complete.Note: There is no set time limit as it is down to how fast or slow you want to take each course and whether or not you want to take a course in one sitting or in stages.
The cost of this suite will be discounted if purchased together with other courses.
You can view the discount applied once you have added the course to your basket.
For details on discounts, please navigate to ‘How it works’.
If you are an organisation and wish to purchase the ICS suite for multiple users, there are generous discounts.
Please contact the team to discuss cost and deployment options on: 01273 455 194
I liked that this course was a e- learning course before the step 2 workshop. Its good to be able to log on and out when you can and fit it around home life and also you can do a couple of the steps and stop so its not too mind blowing all at once.I thought the course was great, easy to use and simple to follow saves so much time being able to access the course when and where you want rather than taking valuable time away from the workplace.It was very informative and in order. A lot of information.Great, much better than having to take time off to travel and sit through long presentations. I like e-coursesclear format.it was quick, good with the infomation that was given. You could do the course in your own time.
Terms and Conditions
Refund and Delivery Policy